Friday 14 December 2012

Foodie Fridays #17 - "Just Like Mom's" Shortbread Cookies

This recipe was not originated by my Mom, but growing up, every year my mom would make THE MOST delicious shortbread cookies. They were a treat to help make, getting your hands dirty as you rolled the dough into small balls and then got to fork them down in the criss cross pattern. But the best part was of course, eating them. They melt in your mouth, making it difficult to speak, but why would you if there's still cookie to eat? When I moved away, I tried a few recipes, never with the same success, until I did the simplest thing. I called my Mom, and just like all good moms, she shared the recipe with me! Now, I carry on the tradition, and every year I share these tasty treats with my family, just like Mom!


Ingredients:

1/2 cup cornstarch
1/2 cup icing sugar
1 cup flour
3/4 cups butter

Directions:

Preheat oven to 300 degrees F

In a bowl, mix all dry ingredients. Cut in the butter until completely mixed and moist. Roll dough into balls and place on a cookie sheet. Use a fork to press them down. Bake 15-20 minutes or until lightly browned. Makes about 24 cookies.

No comments:

Post a Comment